Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Teeny Tiny Food


Our granddaughter E., 4 years old, woke her mother at 3 o'clock in the morning on Monday, excitedly asking if she could eat that teeny tiny food now. Of course Mom was confused, and had her repeat it. Huh? Teeny tiny food? She said, "I'm baptized now, so can I eat that teeny tiny food?"

You see, she was baptized on Sunday (which we are truly thankful for, and do not take lightly), and realized she now could take part in the communion service. It is so funny how kids interpret the world around them! I guess it's time for discussion on the symbolism of the communion service, next.

2 comments:

strem said...

That is so precious. What a wonderful story! Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you, and I hope everything is going well with the pre-schoolers!

Anonymous said...

I hope we don't have to start waking up in the middle of the night to start taking communion!
lol