Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And two more make . . .

We've had an emergency placement for the last few days, a 12 year old boy who was waiting for a specific home to open up. It went well, as far as we know - but we hardly got to know him. It's so different having kids who aren't going to be staying -- I really don't want to start asking them questions and stirring up things within them. They have so many people in their lives already, I don't want to be one more person who thinks they have all the answers for a child they don't know enough about. I'm trying to make them comfortable and feel welcome, but I wonder . . . when I hold back, do they really feel like we care, or does that make them feel like we're "just a place with a bed" to them? Hmmmm. . . . will think on that for a while.

In other news (as they say), we are awaiting the arrival of two new preschoolers this afternoon. More to come on that later, I'm sure!

No comments: