Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Tour - Childhood Memories

A Christmas record - pictures on both sides.




In sixth grade, I attended a ceramics class with my mother for a few weeks, and made this carolers set. I remember being excited that I was "big enough" to go with her. I also remember that the teacher painted the eyes on the figures, and the candle in the street lamp for me.



The first pop-up book I ever saw. The story was about Floopy's ears, that hung down, instead of standing up. At the end of the book, the foam ears popped right up. Pages in between included a dog's leg on a little spring, a frog's mouth that opened and closed, and actual paints you could paint with on that page. One of my favorite childhood memories!

An ornament I made in 6th grade (that must have been a good year for me). It's made from a cardboard (not styrofoam) egg carton, gesso (a word I learned in art that year - it was a primer paint, I think), gold paint, gold braid, small red ornament (see the gesso that wasn't supposed to be on it?), and a bell.



A hand-made mitten ornament that I received at a party in 7th or 8th grade. It had a mini Hershey bar in it, and a hair clip on the back to hold it to the tree. I've recently gotten back in touch with my friend Sue, who hosted the party. She's a school counselor in Wyoming now.

No comments: