Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What She Said, What They Said

I have lots of things I've wanted to write about, but obviously haven't gotten it done. Hugger's been to Camp Barnabas (that post is still in draft form), we took Whistle to a STL Cardinal's game, he's played several tee ball games, I finished a 9 week training for new foster parents, Father and I attended a foster care conference and saw a couple of shows at Branson. Plus this is the last of 4 weeks of summer school for Whistle, C. and E. We also have had LOTS of communication with local offices of our state agency. That hasn't been good, and we're tired of thinking about it. Sometimes it's frustrating beyond belief to have workers who just don't "get it." Because of lack of communication and a worker who doesn't get it - we missed a very important event in Whistle's case. It doesn't change any of the outcome, but was emotionally draining for us.

However - today I have something else I want to share with you. I'd like you to read Claudia's post at Never a Dull Moment.

I don't think every family needs to do foster care by any means, but I do firmly believe everyone should be doing something to help others. There is no James 1:28, as she said. The King James Version gives the verse as "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." I don't know what the original language word was that is translated as "visit," but I do know that as Christians, and following Biblical teaching in general, we should be looking for opportunities to give, help, and support. Doing foster care and adoption is one part of that - but everyone can (and should!) do something.

No comments: