Monday, January 19, 2009

Pink and Green for Little Miss York


Tonight we are excited! By this time tomorrow, we expect to be grandparents again - as George and Liz are expecting to have their baby girl sometime tomorrow. Liz has had some elevated blood pressure, so the doctor wants to induce her labor a few days before the due date. We have been praying for the baby and her parents, and tonight Whistle prayed what has become a standard phrase for him, "Help Liz have a safe pregnancy, and a safe baby." Soon Little Miss York will join his list of siblings and cousins that he prays for every night.

Liz had been looking for a crib set for the baby's room earlier, and when she found one they really liked -- it was a little too pricey. Isn't that how it goes? We decided we could try to duplicate it, and started looking for fabrics. The original set was paisley and stripe, but she decided on these flower prints instead of the paisleys we found. In the end - it's unique, for a special little girl. It was fun to sew again -- I don't get my machine out very often (I even take my mending and hemming to someone else). However, sewing like this is much more fun! I finished it tonight, just in time -- even though it will be a little while before she's in the crib in her room, I'm sure.

Welcome, little one, the world awaits your arrival!!

Left to right, top to bottom: crib skirt, dresser scarf, comforter, bumper pad, sheets, decorative pillows.



3 comments:

Julie said...

The bedding turned out beautiful. I am anxiously awaiting hearing that the little one is here!!

lydia said...

I love the bedding. The fabric is beautiful and you did a wonderful job sewing it. Liz told me about the fabric, so I've been anxious to see how the bedding turned out. I can't wait to see it in the nursery.

Lepidoptera said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby. She is beautiful. The bedding fabrics are pretty too. I am pondering the notion of getting my sewing machine out again this year too. It's been a long time since it's seen any use. Hmmm.