Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Tour - And a few more . . .



These are a few more of our favorite things . . .



An undated copy of It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - words and illustrations, without music. Lovely!




One of a set of 'natural' handmade ornaments - the base of each angel is a shell, seed pod, milkweed pod or the like. Beautiful in their simplicity. Another craft fair find - from the years when I actually went to craft fairs!




From our Nebraska years when the kids were young, and the Smurfs were popular. I considered getting rid of these once, but hung on to them, and they're back on the tree now. Isn't that how antiques are made? ;-) How many of you have Smurfs on your tree?





An old wired ornament that's new to me. Don't I have a lovely sister, who is so good to me?!






One year when I worked as a special ed teacher's aide (one of only two years that I worked away from home), I received this as a gift from a group called Moms in Touch. They are a group of mothers who meet weekly, to pray for the teachers and students at school. The paper tag is a little poem. Every year, I think of those Moms faithfully praying for us, as we worked with their students. It reminds me to be more prayerful for others.

No comments: